Thursday, December 16, 2010

Intro to The Boy

This is my second blog.  I kinda like this blogging world, so I decided to make a virtual baby book of sorts for my munchkin.  A bit of back story may be helpful for those who do not read my other blog.

My name is Joy and I am a PPD/A/OCD survivor.  Yes I HAVE/HAD a mental illness.  Ok, are we over the shock of that now?!?! This brings me to the title of my blog, The Boy That Found Joy.  The boy, better known as my son, CJ is a 4th of July firecracker baby and he will get fireworks on his birthday until he figures out they aren't really for him.  He is now 17 1/2 months old.   Along with delivering said boy, I was cursed with my postpartum mood disorders.  Ok, maybe blessed is a better word since I have grown so much as a person since recovery.  Having the boy has opened my heart in more ways then I could ever imagine.  I love deeper, care deeper, think deeper, cherish every moment of time, know now what the meaning of the phrase "live like you are dying" actually is.  There were many many days I thought were going to be my last during my battle with ppd, but looking at CJ's little face got me through.   His baby toddler belly laughs, his funny words, his big open arms from the crib in the morning, his "hi Gram" when he sees my mom, his "daddy, daddy, daddy" when daddy gets home from work, his " no no no" to the dog all while handing the dog his toys, his excitement seeing the "balls" at Target, him roaming around the house talking to Papa on the phone, all of this has brought back a happiness and joy that I thought were gone forever.  Or maybe its just a deeper happiness that I never knew could exist until I had this boy.

That is my bald baby boy at 7 months of age.  He is still bald!
So that (not so much of a nutshell back story) is the meaning behind my blog title.  From this point on, this blog will be updates on The Boy.  No PPD talk, that is for the other blog I write.  Just plain ol boy talk here.

No comments:

Post a Comment